Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Things that make you go 'Hmmmmmm'

I know that everyone has heard the "Why do you park in a driveway and drive on a parkway?" and other similiar ditties.
Here's mine..... If the two things you should steer clear of in conversations are politics and religion, then why are voting locations in churches? Seems odd to me.

My polling place is actually at the elementary school that is close, but I know many people headed off to a church yesterday to vote.

Politics will still be the talk today. I'm happy with our local results. I'm happy with our state results. I have friends and family that aren't. "When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Kentucky because it's always twenty years behind the times" (Mark Twain) was a quote that a friend had posted on Facebook this morning. And, my sister last night said that for the first time in her life she was embarrassed to call Kentucky her home.

Those are just other things that make me go "Hmmmmmm".....
Obviously, my opinion isn't the same. I'm proud of this state, and the choices that were made yesterday at the polls.

1 comment:

  1. We vote in a church which makes me giggle.

    I have friends who are commenting on Boehner's tan. Really? His TAN? That's all you've got?

    ReplyDelete