Monday, November 22, 2010

A much needed afternoon...

Today, I've had a taste of what it would be like if I was still a stay-at-home-mom. I must say, it's been nice. I had to come home at noon and wait for the cable/internet people to come fix the internet. They were here when I got here, which was unbelievable, I've never known them to be early. They were done in 20 minutes, internet was back and running. Thank you--it was a long weekend without it
I really could have gone back to work, but I had promised Hank he could ride the bus home and not go to after-school. I couldn't go back on a promise, Walter would never let me live that one down. So, I changed into my sweats and flipflops, separated several baskets of clean laundry, watched 'Rachael Ray' (Niecy Nash was on, and let me just say, I LOVE her!) and enjoyed a quiet afternoon of just me in the house. Now, I'm watching 'Oprah' and getting ready to start supper. I think I need more afternoons at home.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got some alone time in the house!! I like my quiet time.

    ReplyDelete