Tuesday, August 17, 2010

What do YOU blog about?

The other day I was telling someone that I had started a blog. And, she seemed confused about this. "What do you blog about?" she asked. I told her, "Whatever is on my mind. The boys, my friends, laundry. Just whatever!" She still seemed confused about the whole thing! I told her that the great thing about a blog is that you can write whatever you want, there's nothing that says, "Blog this, not that..."

She asked me what most people wrote about, and I told her a lot of blogs are just randomness, people like me telling about their daily lives, their kids, their jobs, their hobbies, etc. I decided to check some more blogs out. Earlier this morning, after reading my friend's blog, I hit the "Next Blog" button at the top of the page. And, 2.5 hours later, I finally had to quit searching through blogs and do some actual work! There are blogs about everything! In my 'research' this morning I found the recipe for what claims to be the World's Best Apple Pie, and I found little known facts about the castles in Germany.

However, I do find it interesting that there are so many blogs on religion and politics! The two topics that I have always been told to stay away from in actual conversations are two of the most popular things to write about online.

Regardless, if the blogs are made of rhyme and reason or if they are complete randomness they prove to be both entertaining and educational.

1 comment:

  1. I think we all know I blog about knitting, nuttiness & random things.

    ReplyDelete