Friday, August 13, 2010

Happy Birthday, Pops!!


My sisters and I are very lucky to have such a wonderful dad. He's taught us all the important things in life: how to fish, never punch with your thumb inside your fist, add a beer to chili and BBQ sauce, speak your mind, and love your family. Our dad is smart, and funny, and there's nothing he can't fix. Even though we are grown, we still call dad when we need help or advice. He's been there to change my lightbulbs, and help my sisters with their home re-modeling projects. Dad always has a joke, or story, some of which we have actually numbered because we've heard them so many times before. "Yep, here's story No. 109!"...

Dad and I haven't always seen eye-to-eye. I'm a lot like him. We're both stubborn, we both have a quick temper and an even quicker tongue. We sometimes say things without thinking, when we should really stop and think before we speak. This has caused a lot of arguments and hurt feelings over the years. But, now that we're both older, and maybe a little wiser, we don't have these heated battles anymore. I'm sure I'm not the only one that is glad of this! I jokingly say that all the 'bad' stuff I inherited from him--my temper, my allergies, my love for salt and pepper, the arthritis in my lower back, etc. But, he knows that I'm just teasing when I say that. I do wish, however, that I had his big, blue eyes! Stevie was the only one lucky enough to get those. And, thankfully, I don't have his ugly feet!

Dad is one-of-a kind, and my sisters and I are lucky he's ours. Happy Birthday, Pops! You rock sixty!!

No comments:

Post a Comment