Thursday, August 5, 2010

Austin turns 17!!


Picture it. Kentucky. Summer 1993. It was unbearably hot with outrageous humidity levels. I was nine months pregnant, swollen from head to foot, and completely miserable. I thought the summer would never end, and that I'd never have that baby.

But, on August 6th, I went to the doctor for a routine exam. Towards the end of my appointment, my doctor said that I was in pre-labor, and his guess was the baby would come that weekend. This was around 2:30ish.

Austin William was born five hours later. I had been at the hospital exactly seventeen minutes when he made his grand debut. I always tell him that he was just about born in the elevator.

He was one of the prettiest baby boys that I have ever seen. He had black peachfuzz for hair, and dark, dark eyes. His eyebrows and eyelashes were defined, and he had great coloring. He was perfect.

Fast-forward to the present. My baby boy is almost six-feet-tall, and skinny as a rail. We've had our disagreements, and he's tried my patience, but at the end of the day, he's still my baby boy with the dark hair and dark eyes.

Happy Birthday, Son! I love you...

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Austin! He was the cutest toddler!! (Don't tell PJ & Hank I said that!)

    And he's grown up to be such a wonderful young man!!

    ReplyDelete