Friday, December 17, 2010

Sick Day for Momma

My trip to the doctor Wednesday afternoon ended exactly the way I thought it would. Sinus infection, double ear infection, heavy duty antibiotics and a work excuse. I spent yesterday curled up in bed with two of my favorite Brits. Colin Firth & Hugh Grant.

I watched "Love Actually", part of "Music & Lyrics" and almost put in "Mamma Mia".
There's just something about seeing Hugh Grant's little dance to The Pointer Sisters' "Jump" that makes me smile and giggle, regardless of how sick I am. And, Colin Firth trying to speak Portuguese. Love it.

When, I wasn't indulging in a movie fest, I was sleeping. I didn't get out of bed or off the couch all day. I just didn't feel like it. The boys were out of school due to ice. They did an excellent job taking care of their puny momma.

I feel somewhat better today. Not great, by any means. I probably should have stayed home again today, but I didn't want to miss our Christmas Party. And, my co-worker would have flipped out if I wasn't here. She's just like that. Yes, I got sick on purpose, just to make things difficult for her. Please!

No comments:

Post a Comment