Sunday, December 12, 2010

Argyle, Rudeness, & "Dukes of Hazard"

Last night, Joe and I has a mini-date. We had a very nice dinner at Rafferty's (they have the best Honey Mustard/Hot Bacon dressing!) and watched part of the UK basketball game. Then, we went and and shopped. Luckily, I have a hubby that doesn't mind to shop. And, he actually does it quite well. The mission last night was to pick up everyone something new to wear on Christmas Eve. Joe found a great argyle sweater vest! I've been trying for two years to get him to wear an argyle sweater, and he has refused every time. Maybe because he found it on clearance was the key factor in buying one last night. I personally think he will look great. Some people can pull of sweater vests, or argyle. But, if you can pull of the combination of the two, then that's even better. I jokingly refer to his brother as Wilford Brimley when he wears a sweater vest. He just looks like him. He has a big belly, wears the glasses and looks like he's about to chow down on a bowl of oatmeal. C'mon, it's funny!
I grabbed a nice purple polo for Austin, and an oxford and black sweater for PJ. Hankadoo told me he wear a long-sleeve oxford. That's what I brought him home, and well, we are taking it back today. He meant a long-sleeve polo.

I had gone into Wal-Mart to grab a bottle of Advil. While I was standing in line with about ten other people, a lady decides to cut line! She had apparently forgot to pay for two items, and instead of going to the back of the line, she thought it would be okay to just cut in line because she knew one of the people standing there waiting their turn to check out. This did not settle with me, and I called her out. I wasn't very polite about it either. I said, "Seriously? You're just going to cut in line? Does it not matter that all these other people are standing here waiting, you're just going cut and not go to the back?" I guess I was rather loud, considering everyone in our line, and the line next to us turned and looked. The lady came back with, "Well, he said I could. But, if you're going to get that upset about it, I'll go to the back of the line." At that point, I laid my Advil down and just walked out of the store. Some people are just rude.
Luckily, there's a Walgreens right across the street. I went in, picked up my Advil without incident. And, as Joe and I were getting in the van to leave, someone was blowing their 'Dukes of Hazard' horn. I had the sudden urge to slid across the hood of the van, and then get in from the window. No. Not really.

1 comment:

  1. See! Walmart=bad.

    Joe is fun to shop with. Although, I bet getting him out of the tool dept. in a store is a nightmare.

    ReplyDelete