Wednesday, December 1, 2010

"Mom, it's called a singlet!"

How can wrestling be such an expensive sport? It's just a bunch of sweaty boys rootin' around on the floor and trying to pin each other? My boys do it all the the time in the living room. For free. I had sticker shock when it came to buying all the stuff PJ needs to root around on the floor. First, it was the shoes. Then, it was the 'Spirit Pack' which consisted of sweatshirt, sweatpants, tee shirt, shorts, and I bought me a long sleeve tee to wear to his matches. Next, it was head gear. Yesterday, I ordered his leotard. Oops, I mean singlet. He's told me several times not to call it a leotard. I still have to pick up a mouth guard and some compression shorts. When you add it up, cha-ching, cha-ching.
He's had a few scrimmages and they've practiced every day since October. Wrestling Season officially starts this Saturday with their first meet.
There's a girl on the Bruin wrestling team, and I've heard she's pretty good. She beat PJ in practice one day. And, the family has not him live it down! Dad and my brother-in-law have worn him out about getting beat by a girl. I just keep picturing the scene in 'Diary of a Wimpy Kid' when the little boy goes to wrestle the girl and she kicks his butt. I imagine that being PJ. I'm really not a nice mother..

I'll have to take pictures of my precious boy in his wrestling leotard, I mean singlet, and post them later. My beefed up, muscular boy has come a long way since he was running around in his Mickey Mouse underwear pretending to be Stone Cold Steve Austin. I can still see those scrawny little arms just flopping around like crazy. And, that was just last year! :)

See, I'm really not a nice mother!

1 comment:

  1. I'll never forget little skinny 10 yr old PJ w/ his buzz cut helping put together Sunshine's Little People castle with his signature line "Wait a tic"

    ReplyDelete