Sunday, May 1, 2011

Happy Birthday... to ME!


Today is my birthday. And, I have to admit--I'm one lucky girl. I'm convinced that I have the best family & friends that any girl could ask for!

Last night was a great night. We ate dinner at Buca di Beppo which is an Italian resturant that serves family style, meaning their portions are HUGE! I think that's obvious from the picture of my dessert. For the record, I shared with everybody. The cool thing about Buca di Beppo is that anything goes attire wise. You can wear anything from a prom dress to a UK tee shirt and jeans, and it's all acceptable. The resturant has really cooky, crazy pictuers all over the place. Everything from Italian soccer teams to photos of nuns bowling. There's pictures of Sophia Loren and 'mafia' scenerio pictures. We had reservations in the Pope Room. And, well, it's called that for a reason. The entire room is decorated with Pope memorabilia, complete with a Pope John Paul bust in the center of the table!

The food was great, and the company was even better. A group of crazy girls came and sang 'Happy Birthday' to me--just because they thought it would be fun. I had Joe, my parents, baby sister, and some of my closest friends with me. It was wonderful. I just wish a few of my GA girls could have been there, too!

My boys spoiled me! They gave me a new CD, a movie that I've been wanting, an iTunes gift card, new ear buds, a 'Greatest Mom' coffee mug, a camera case, and a flower that I have already killed! Stevie gave me a very cute J initial glass to drink my Diet Coke from. I had a Kohls gift card that I already used, and some betting money for later this week. My BFF, Maria, gave me the neatest gift... a 1975 (the year we were born!) Kentucky Derby glass, and an issue of Sports Illustrated from May 1975 after Foolish Pleasure won the Derby. She also gave me a very pretty fleur de lis bracelet and slide to wear to the Oaks this week. It was all wrapped up in a Lucy & Ethel bag! We decided the Lucy & Ethel bag will go back and forth between us every year.

So, Happy Birthday to ME!

xoxoxo

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could have been there too! All the pictures looked so great!!!

    I'm glad you had such a fantastic day!!! Miss & love you, James!

    ReplyDelete