Saturday, April 30, 2011

Prom Pictures, Pasta & Ponies

"Sunny days, sweeping the clouds away...."

The rain is gone (for now!) and I believe today is going to be a wonderful day. For weather, and other things!

Today is the senior prom. I can't wait to see pictures of my sweet, beautiful cousin, Alex. And, speaking of pictures-- I'm actually taking them of my friend's daughter, Emily. I'm a little nervous about it, to be honest! I want her and her friends to have great prom pictures. What if I don't do a good job, and she hates them? I'd feel horrible. Fingers are crossed that they turn out great! Prom pictures are important. You have to look back on them twenty years later and say, "What was I wearing?" or "Oh my god, look at my nerdy date!"

I didn't go to my senior prom. Long story, completely different post. But, I did go to two my junior year. One was with my friend, Adam, he went to a school in a different county, so the only person I knew at prom was him! The other prom I attended my junior year was with my friend, Pat. It's funny after all these years, I'm still friends with them on Facebook. Maybe the next time I'm at mom's, I'll grab the photo albums and scan a few pictures. My dress was a fuchsia pink, I had big hair (of course) and I was rather skinny. Oh to be that way again-- skinny with big hair is one hell of a combination!

After our prom photo shoot, I'll have to come home and get ready! We're going out for my birthday. Several of us are going to Bucca di Beppo for dinner. Yum. And, my sister sent me a text last night saying we should go to Churchill Downs for Downs After Dark. It's their night racing event, and tonight is opening night. That sounds great to me, so I guess I'll check with everyone to see if they are up for that. Maybe I'll get lucky and win some money! Momma needs a new pair of shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment