Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy (Belated) Birthday, Peej!

It's Sunday, PJ's birthday was Friday, and I'm just now posting about it. It wasn't that I forgot, I've just been busy.

I still can't believe that he's 16! My little peanut of a baby is now this handsome, funny, and overall great young man.

He's my little miracle baby. My pregnancy was one complication after another, I was sick (very sick!) from day one, my water broke at 28 weeks, I was in the hospital for three weeks when the doctors decided his lungs were mature. They induced labor on April 21, and at 2:46 a.m. on April 22, this tiny boy weighing 4lbs 40zs was born. He was tiny. Yet, at the same time he was huge. Most babies born at 31 weeks weigh between 1 and 2 pounds, he doubled that. If he had gone full-term, he would have been a hoss!! It's not uncommon for premature babies to stay in the hospital until their actual due date, which for him would have been the very end of June. He came home on May 10, little but healthy! He's never had the health issues that a lot of preemies have. And, now 16-years-later, you'd never know that he started out so teeny.

Happy Birthday, Peej!



1 comment: