Saturday, May 14, 2011

A new hat

Every woman wears many hats in her life--daughter, sister, mother, wife, friend. Women can also wear their professional hat--teacher, nurse, chef, secretary. I believe most women need a huge closet for all the hats.

I'm happy to say, that come November, I'll be wearing new hat.

I'll be an AUNT!! My sister, Kasey, and her hubby, Mark, are expecting their first baby in late November. And, even thought I'm an aunt to Joe's niece and nephews, it's not the same. They were all born before I came into the family. Hankadoo was the last baby born into our family, so it's due time that we have a new little bundle of joy to spoil, and make a fuss over.

Mom, Stevie & I are all hoping for a girl. We've had our fair share of blue, we need some pink. I'd love to buy dresses, hair bows, and baby dolls. Hank wants a boy, so he'll have someone to teach 'boy' things to. I don't think Kase and Mark care, they are just excited to add a little one to their family.

Regardless, boy or girl, I can't wait for our little Thanksgiving turkey to come! In the meantime, I need to make space for my new hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment