Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Hodge-Podge

There isn't one thing in particular on my mind today, so this is hodge-podge post, I guess.


I have lost my voice. I sound horrible. It's making answering the phones rather challenging. And when I do manage to whisper out my greeting, everyone says, "Oh My God, you sound awful!"..... Gee, thanks for the reminder, Captain Obvious!


The sun is shining. For now. It's not going to last long. When I was watching the 5:30 morning news, they were saying to prepare for bad weather tonight. When the weatherguy is warning you 12 hours in advance that you may need to seek shelter and prepare an emergency kit--that's never a good thing. I'm hoping it won't come to that!! Hank has a soccer game tonight at 7. I'm wondering how this will play out today. I do not want to be at the field if we have bad weather coming.


My heart breaks for the residents of Joplin, Missouri (and all the other communities that have been hit by tornadoes!)-- I can't even imagine what they must be going through. Our highest elected official in the county (my boss) is from Joplin, Missouri. He still has family & friends there. His aunt was injured when her house collapsed. She's in the hospital, and he hasn't spoke with other family members. Yesterday, he left for Missouri. But before he left, several of the magistrates and Department Heads took up a donation for him to give to the American Red Cross once he arrived. It was a very kind, thoughtful gesture, and I believe he was surprised when he received the card with the donations. I live in a great community. There are kind, wonderful people here. And, I'm lucky to call them my friends.


I haven't done a great job about going to the gym the past few weeks. I've either been busy, or just haven't felt like it. I need to change that. I haven't lost as much weight as I had hoped at this point, either. To be honest, I haven't tried as hard as I should. I need to do better. I'm stuck at a certain weight, I know once I break that barrier, it will give me a renewed motivation. I need to lay off the cake. Cake is evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment