Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Stitches, Sunshine & Charlie Sheen

On Sunday, Austin was washing dishes, when a glass broke and cut his thumb. It was bad. It was bleeding. I could actually see his muscle. It was obvious that he needed stitches. We go to the ER, where they tell us that we can stay there, it was going to be an hour or so wait before we could get into the annex clinic for care or we could go to the First Care clinic, they open at 1. It was 12:15, so we thought we'd go to First Care, and wait. And, with any luck be the first seen. We sat in the parking lot for 45 minutes, and at 1, there wasn't a light on, or a soul to be seen. At that point, we realized the clinic opened at TWO! Ugh. We went back to the ER, and there we sat, waiting. Austin was called back, and we finally got his thumb stitched up. Instead of the little pretty stitches, they gave him three of the big tension stitches to make sure the cut didn't split back open. They stitched him up, bandaged his hand, and wrote him a note for work. He'll go back in ten days or so to get the stitches out. And, he's out of dish duty for a while.

Kentucky weather is very unpredictable. Last week, we were 15 to 20 degrees above normal. It was 85 to 90. The sun was out, the sky was blue, it was gorgeous! This week, we are below normal temps. It has been in the 50s. It feels more like March than May. The sky is gray, and it's just been depressing and blah outside. I need sunshine!!

Last night, while Joe, PJ and Hank went to Hank's soccer practice, and Austin was working, I took advantage of being home alone. I curled up on the couch with the remote, a big bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats, and watched "Two and a Half Men"......... It was a perfect way to spend a few hours alone. Now, I'm not a huge Charlie Sheen fan. I never have been. I think he's a, well, I'll leave that word out, it isn't very nice! But I have to say--I love him on that show! Now, that Ashton Kutcher (can't stand him!) will be replacing Charlie Sheen, I just don't think the show will be the same. I guess I'll keep watching the re-runs. I'll take Charlie over Ashton anyday!

1 comment:

  1. As bad as Charlie Sheen is, I'd rather watch him than Ashton Kutcher. Annoys me to no end!

    I hope Austin's not in too much pain!

    ReplyDelete