Friday, March 25, 2011

Work In Progress

TGIF! This has been a long week. The weather was beautiful the first half the week. The sun was out, the skies were clear, it hit 80 degrees. Goregous. All that changed! Now, it's cold! The skies are gray, and we actually have a chance of snow late tomorrow/early Sunday.

Hankadoo started soccer practice this week. He's on the same team as last year, with all the same kids plus an added three. He was so happy to see his buddies from last fall. They all acted like they hadn't seen each other in years. There was a lot of hugs, high fives, and rowdiness. He immediately took up the goalie position. Some kids don't like being goalie, they get nervous, or afraid they'll get hit by the ball. Not Hank. He loves it! I imagine I'll see him in the box most of the games this year. We actually have one girl on the team this year, and she is good. She can hang with those wild boys all day long and show them how to get that ball up the field. It will be interesting to see how they work with her as a team member. "Ohhhh, it's a girl!" is the mentality of most seven-year-old boys! I guess their team is a work in progress right now.

Last night at soccer practice, I decided that I'd walk around the field/school grounds, even it was cold! I grabbed my fleece, my mp3 player, and headed down the path. I got into a good grove, jamming to a little Kid Rock and much to my suprise, I actually started running! Now, it wasn't for long, or very far, but I ran. I'm not a runner. At all. I won't be running any marathons, that's for sure. But, it's the first time that I've really seen a difference from going to the gym. I guess all that time on the elliptical is paying off. I ran, and I didn't die. Wow. Now, if my jiggly parts would just tone up, I'd really be happy. I guess I'm a work in progress, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment