Thursday, March 10, 2011

Another trip to Wal-Mart Hell

I have to do something to keep me awake, I'm sure my boss wouldn't like to come back to find me drooling on my desk. Yes, I drool when I'm asleep. I'm not proud of that fact, but I've come to accept it. It's part of my life. Especially when my sinuses are bothering me. And, really--when aren't my sinuses bothering me? That leads me to my rant about Wal-Mart and getting my sinus prescriptions refilled.

Last night, I went to Wal-Mart to drop of my prescriptions. The lady tells me it will be about 30 minutes before they are filled. Okay, fine.. I can kill 30 minutes in Wal-Mart, that's not hard to do. After 30 minutes, I get in line to pick up my prescriptions, and they aren't ready. It's going to be another ten to fifteen minutes. Fine. Let me just wait. Again.

I stand close to the pharmacy and people watch. That was entertaining. There was the lady that had her gray sweatpants tucked into her cowboy boots. There was the lady with the mullet. No joke. And there was a guy who literally looked like a monkey. People watching made the next few minutes go by rather fast. I get back in line. And, guess what?

Yep, my prescriptions still weren't ready. Are you kidding me? This time I huffed. Between the huff and the look, the lady waiting on me knew I was tired of waiting. I politely said that I'd sit on the bench and wait. Again.

Roughly ten minutes later, they called me up. At this point I have almost an hour invested in waiting to get my Flonase. I just wanted to go home and watch 'American Idol'...

I get my prescriptions, and as I'm walking off, I look at the receipt and then I wonder, "Why is my prescribed Allegra more than the over-the-counter Allegra?"...... so I go back to the pharmacy. I'm such a glutton for punishment. But, money is money. And, I'm cheap.

The 45-day over-the-counter Allegra is cheaper than my prescribed bottle! Argh.

The pharmacist was nice, refunded my money on the prescription and apologized for the wait, and for the prescribed Allegra not ringing up the way it should. I think she even apologized for it being Wednesday and it raining, and Obama. She knew I wasn't happy. I'm not sure what gave her that idea, my huff or 'the look'... but regardless, my patience had been tested, and she knew it.

I'm switching to Walgreens!

No comments:

Post a Comment