Thursday, March 10, 2011

Just "Stuff"

1. I'm so pissed. My brand new, pretty table has a huge ring on it where someone was too damn lazy to walk an extra five feet to put a glass in the sink. It's a bad ring. There was something wet/sticky on the bottom of the glass and it really did some damage to the table. I cried this morning I was so upset. I was livid! I know it's just a table. But, it's brand new. And, it's nice. And, I just feel like we can never have anything nice because it gets broke, or busted, or ruined somehow. The best bet at this point is to get some of those furniture pens and color the ring one layer at a time until it gets close enough to the table color that it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb. I'm ready to cry again, just thinking about it. What a way to start my day!

2. I'm loving 'American Idol' this year. Steven Tyler cracks me up, and I think I have a little crush on Jennifer Lopez! Some of the contestants are incredible. I wish I could sing half as good as some of the people on there. They blow me away. Although, little Scotty looked like Howdy Doody last night. I think it was his hair. There's a guy on there named James that I love! His voice is great, but it's his story that makes him my sentimental favorite. He has Tourette's and Aspergers syndrome. You can just tell that things haven't always been easy for him, like some of the others. Let's face it, the girls have always been pretty and popular. The same is true for some of the other contestants, too. They've always been part of the 'it' crowd, I'm sure. But, I don't think that's the case for James Durbin, so to see this guy with this amazing talent overcome the obstacles that he has had in his life is really something! I have other favorites, too. At this point, I can't choose who I want to win.

3. Austin is participating in St. Baldrick's this year. St. Baldrick's is an organization that raises funds for childhood cancer research. The money raised benefits children with cancer all over the United States. So, next Sunday, we'll go down to the Knights of Columbus Hall, and Austie will get his head shaved for the St. Baldrick's fundraiser! He's excited about it, and I'm going to work on getting him donations.

4. I'm still pissed about my table!!

No comments:

Post a Comment