Monday, March 21, 2011

Blooms & Bald Heads

Spring has sorta sprung. The flowers are starting to bloom, the trees are starting to bud, and the weather was perfect all weekend. If you ask my itchy eyes and runny nose, they'd say that spring was definitely here! But, in true Kentucky weather form, it will be 80 today and 55 by the end of the week.

Yesterday, Austin participated in the St. Baldrick's fundraiser. St. Baldrick's is an organization that raises money for childhood cancer research. The big fundraiser for this organization is going bald, hence, St. Baldrick's! Austin asked me last week or so if it was too late to sign up. I checked into it, and realized he still had time to get registered and raise some money for this wonderful cause. I'm very proud of him for doing this. I don't know of many seventeen-year-old boys that would willingly shave their head. Most are too vain. But, Austin thought it would be cool, and knew that the money he raised would go to a wonderful cause. He looks good with his bald head! I read in the paper today that there were around sixty participants, and that they raised close to $12,000.

1 comment: