Thursday, March 24, 2011

Foolish Pleasure

Every so often, something happens that I find very humorous, or ironic. Today I made a discovery that was both.

Over cake & coffee this morning, the discussion turned to the Kentucky Derby. I was talking about how I’m going to the Oaks this year, and how I love that my birthday always falls during Derby Week, etc. I told the story that mom always tells me about watching the derby from her hospital bed the year that I was born. I was two days old. Maybe my love for all things derby started right then and there.

Someone asked me if I knew who the derby winner was that year. I didn’t. So, when I looked it up I found it very humorous and ironic that the winner of the derby that year was Foolish Pleasure.

How appropriate is that? I have all kinds of ‘foolish pleasures’….. shoes, an iced caramel macchiato, new sunglasses because they are only $4, pink lip gloss, smell good shampoo, the list goes on. And, on. And, on some more...

Foolish Pleasure isn’t just a derby-winning horse!

No comments:

Post a Comment