Sunday, October 3, 2010

Miss Cellphone, let me introduce you to Dr. Pepper...

Friday night, Maria & I went to the movies to see "You Again" that stars Jamie Lee Curtis, Sigourney Weaver, and Kristin Bell. It was cute. I thought Jamie Lee Curtis looked beautiful. Maria and I usually take our drinks and snacks to the movies with us. We stop at the Dollar Tree, grab a box of Raisinettes and a 20 oz drink. We're cheap, what can I say! I'd much rather pay $2 than the $5.50 at the theatre. We put out treats in our purses, and when the lights dim, we get our goodies out and snack away. This is what we did on Friday.
At the end of the movie, I put my Dr. Pepper bottle back into my purse, and the lid wasn't on good! It spilled all over my cellphone! And, my wallet, my lipgloss, my hairbrush, etc.
But--my cellphone? Oh snap. I took napkins and dried it off the best that I could. I thought it was okay, but then my screen wasn't working right. I tried to dry it some more, and that didn't seem to help either. As of right now, my phone is sitting in a baggie full of rice. I'm hoping and praying that the rice will pull the moisture out and that it will be fine. When I looked at it earlier, the water damage indicator hadn't turned orange, so I'm taking that as a positive sign. I think to be safe, I'll order a new battery and let the phone stay in the rice for a few more days.
Luckily, I still have my old phone. I was able to take my SIM card out and put it in the old phone. I can't imagine what I would have done if I didn't have a back-up. I would have been lost, and crazy. I would have been at the AT & T store the minute they opened, begging them for a new phone.

1 comment:

  1. I live in fear of losing my phone. I still have my old pink Razr, but it's not the same.

    Hope yours dries out & is okay!

    ReplyDelete