Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Pay Attention in the Kitchen!

I would consider myself a pretty good cook, and I manage in the kitchen quite well. I've had my share of successes and disasters. I think my disasters come from not paying enough attention. There was the time I put the cordless phone in the freezer, and didn't have a clue to where it was until I heard the phone ringing, and when I realized it was coming from the freezer, I thought surely not. But, yes.. there was the phone. There was the time I screwed up a No-Bake Dessert because I didn't read the directions all the way. I've screwed up N0-Bake Cookies. Still not sure on that. There was the infamous garlic lasagna! I added the garlic powder at least four times! It was horrible. I'm trying to think of other examples where I wasn't paying enough attention in the kitchen. Yesterday, is the most current example. After I came in from work, I decided I'd make another pumpkin cake w/the yummiest cinnamon cream cheese frosting. I had put the cake mix in the bowl, opened the cabinet, grabbed the cinnamon and added some to the mix. Then, I thought..."Hmmm, that doesn't smell like cinnamon!"...and when I looked at the spice container, it was Soul Seasoning! Oh, snap. I dumped the soul seasoning infused cake mix into the trash and started over. I didn't have another yellow cake mix, just white, so I had to wing it. But, I have to say, it turned out great. The homemade cream cheese frosting is my favorite part. I could just sit there with the bowl and spoon. It's delicious. Unfortunately, it just adds even more dimples to my thighs, so I try to stop after just one spoonful.

1 comment: