Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Is it the weekend yet?

This has to be the longest week ever! I was ready for Friday on Monday. That's never a good thing. It seems like the hours have just drug by and the days seem to never end. I've been wiped out this week. The past few weeks have been crazy, and really busy. They have caught up with me this week. I was sound asleep by 9pm Monday night, which isn't a lot earlier than the normal time, but it was enough for me to say, "Wow, I was tired!"


This weekend we are going over to Hodgenville, Kentucky for their annual Lincoln Days festival. Hodgenville is where Abraham Lincoln was born, and even though it's very close, I haven't been there in quite some time. I told Hank that we'd go this weekend for their festival, but then we'd go again in a few weeks to just tour the birthplace. I figured that would be a good way to spend a Sunday afternoon sometime. Like all fall festivals--there will be a parade, food, arts & crafts, etc. There's also an Abe Lincoln look-a-like contest that brings people from miles around. I'm ready for a caramel apple and a BBQ sandwich. Festival food is one of my favorites. I really believe it should be in its own food group.

We finally have some cooler weather! And, it's been wonderful. Even if I was cold at soccer practice the other night, it sure beats sweating like a pig in the hot temps like we have had since June. Hankadoo has been rather upset with me the past few mornings because I made him wear jeans instead of shorts. Gasp. I'm such a horrible mother. I'm just an awful, awful person for insisting he wear jeans when it's 52 degrees out. He's been rather dramatic in his stance to wear shorts. And, I'm not one who likes drama at 6:30am. So, it's made for some rather interesting mornings. Hmmm, I really don't know where he gets his stubborn streak.

I got around to coloring my hair. I didn't realize how light it had become until I took the towel off my head, and there was this mane of dark, spicy-brown hair. I like it though. I thought about adding some red pieces just to give it definition, but I don't think I will afterall. I'm bad about keeping my highlights/lowlights/colored pieces touched up, so I think for this fall & winter I will be one solid color, and hopefully now that I'm on my thyroid medicine, my hair will actually start to grow, and get healthier. I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for this. I want long, pretty hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment