Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I'll stick to the horses!

Last Friday, I won tickets from a local radio station to The Indy 300 @ The Kentucky Speedway. Here is what I know about Indy Car Racing: 1) Ashley Judd's husband races Indy cars. I know this because like all Kentucky girls, I keep up with fellow Kentucky girl, Ashley Judd! 2) Danica Patrick races Indy cars. And, I only know this because I don't live under a rock. I've heard the name and have seen the Go Daddy! commercials. 3) The guy from "Dancing w/the Stars"--Helio Castroneves races Indy cars. I know this because I watch DWTS!

That was my knowledge of Indy cars until Saturday night when Joe and I went to the track. Here are a few new things I learned: 1) They are fast. The average speed was 174 mph. 2) They are loud! It sounded like a sworm of bees everytime the cars came around the track. 3) Danica Patrick is not the only girl racer. I believe there were four others in Saturday's race. 4) The track was actually a 1.5 mile track, so there were 200 laps that equaled the 300 5) It's boring! It's a bunch of cars going around and around. Not that exciting. There's no way I could sit and watch the Indy 500! My neck would hurt, I wouldn't be able to hear, and I'd be bored to death.

I'll stick with horse racing! At horse races, there are drinks (besides Coors Light in a can!), women in killer hats, great dresses, and cute shoes.

1 comment:

  1. It's boring! It's a bunch of cars going around and around. Not that exciting. There's no way I could sit and watch the Indy 500!


    A-men! My Dad was a race fan & honestly, I never saw the attraction. They go around and around and around and around. For hours. It's hot, it's loud, messy & just ugh!!

    Give me a horse race with a cocktail in hand any day!

    ReplyDelete