Thursday, September 2, 2010

Don't fail me now, Mr. Weatherman!

I'm typically a summer girl. I love hot weather, flipflops, lemonade, hot dogs on the grill, days at the pool, and nights on Mom & Dad's porch watching lightening bugs. Summer is a great time. But, not-so-much for this summer. It's been waaay to hot. I think we had 98 days in a row where the temp got above 90 degrees. That's taking the "Dog Days of Summer" to a new level. And, even though today is hot, I had a glimmer of hope this morning while watching the news.. the cooler weather is on the way! It's should start cooling down tomorrow, and the weekend is going to be beautiful. Well, so the weatherman says. Maybe it's a prelude to fall.

I really love fall. I think it's actually my favorite time of the year. There isn't a place prettier than Kentucky in the fall when all the leaves are changing. Every year as we drive up and down I-65, I'm in awe of how pretty this wonderful season can be.

There's other things about fall that I love...the first pot of chili, Friday nights at a highschool football game, Sunday afternoons watching the Colts, Pumpkin Spice Lattes (which are quite possibly the best things ever!), new sweaters, that old-worn-out-faded sweatshirt, looking for the perfect Halloween costume, the sound of leaves crunching under your feet, and spending Saturdays at a little "Fall Festival" somewhere.

Don't fail me now, Mr. Weatherman!

No comments:

Post a Comment