Sunday, January 9, 2011

A case of buyer's remorse..

Yesterday, I went to the Zappos outlet, which is a mecca for those that love shoes. When you walk in, the 'hallelujah' lights shine and the angels sing. It's such a wonderful place. I could spend hours in there trying on shoes. They have some really expensive, killer shoes that I would never buy. But, they are so much fun to try on and prance around the store. Like most outlet stores, it's hit and miss on what they have and what I'd consider good bargains. One time when I stopped there, I got PJ a pair of $90 Nike tennis shoes for $25. I love those kind of deals.
Ellen and I got there a few minutes before ten, to find a note on the door stating that they wouldn't open until eleven. No big deal, we just poked around another store (I found a really cute embroidered key fob for $3!) and we we headed back to shoe mecca around eleven. The parking lot was full, and there were people standing out in the freezing cold waiting for the doors to open. I love shoes, but I'm not standing outside in 15 degree weather waiting for doors to open!
We made our way inside, and it was a zoo. People were everywhere, just grabbing boxes of shoes in their sizes. I had a few things in mind that I wanted to look for, so I wasn't in the mood to try on $800 Roberto Cavalli heels. (Plus, I need a pedicure! Ugly toes and awesome shoes aren't a good combination!!)
I was looking for a pair of tennis shoes, maybe a pair of Sperry's, and possibly a new pair of flat black boots. I couldn't find any tennis shoes that I liked, the one pair of Sperry's in my size were ugly, and I have a slight case of buyer's remorse over the boots that I bought. I like them, I know I'll wear them, but I think I could have found a pair I liked better, and a little dressier than what I bought. Don't get me wrong, they are nice boots, but not quite what I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment