Friday, February 11, 2011

Oh, Friday..what took you so long?

This has been such a long week. It's been cold and snowy. The boys have had more snow days (so far they've had 12 snow days this winter season!) we've had weather delays at work, I've been cold & tired. All week, I've just wanted to go home and put on my pajamas and do nothing. But, the problem with doing nothing is that nothing gets done. The laundry doesn't do itself, supper doesn't cook itself, and my butt can't go to the gym without the rest of me attached. Although, that would be interesting to see.

I have waited all week for the weekend. Not that we have big, exciting plans. Unless you count working the concession stand at a high school wrestling meet big and exciting plans! Joe and I both have concession duty tomorrow afternoon for three hours. I can barely contain my excitement. I can think of several other things I'd rather do on a Saturday afternoon instead of selling popcorn & hot dogs to sweaty high school wrestlers. I'd rather go shop for a dress for The Oaks. Or, go see a movie. "Gnomeo & Juliet" comes out today, and Hank said he'd like to go see it. Or, go have a coffee with Maria and shop for shoes. Or, get a much needed pedicure. I did my own toes last night, and even though they look better than they did, I'd much rather have the sweet girl at the nail salon polish my toes. They look so much better that way.

Oh well, I'm just glad Friday is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment