Friday, March 2, 2012

In like a lion....

I haven’t blogged much lately. I don’t know if I didn’t have anything to say, or if I was being lazy. Maybe, a little of both.
March is here. I keep thinking of the old weather saying, “in like a lion, out like a lamb”…. And I’m afraid that’s how it’s going to be this year. On Wednesday, we had four tornadoes touchdown in our county and the neighboring county. Luckily, no one was seriously hurt. Homes were destroyed and buildings damaged. But, it could have been much, much worse. We lost power at work for over an hour, and spent the time on the first floor watching the sky go from cloudy to dark gray to black and back to daylight. It was a little eerie. We were going to pass the time by playing a game of Charades. But, that fell through when I suggested ‘Gone w/the Wind’ as a movie title to act out. Hey—I thought it was funny! The kids were at school and on tornado lockdown the majority of the morning. We’re expecting another round of storms later today. The projected time line is from 4 to 7—right when everyone is getting off work or leaving school and heading home. I told the big boys to keep me posted on their whereabouts this afternoon. I believe everyone in our area has said a little prayer that it doesn’t get bad. I’m typically not a ‘Nervous Nellie’ when it comes to weather, but I have to admit, I’m a little worried about what could come later on this afternoon.

Our weather isn’t the only thing coming in like a lion this month. The list of ‘Things to Do’ is getting rather fierce, too. Spring sports are starting. That means Hank will be at the soccer field two or three days a week until games start. PJ has had track practice every day since wrestling ended, and his track meets will start up soon, also. Besides sports, we have several birthdays, and family celebrations.  March will roll into April with more sports, more birthdays, and more family celebrations. At the end of April, Austin’s end-of-Senior-year festivities will start. He’ll have prom, the Senior trip to Chicago, and graduation all within five weeks of each other.  I believe we’ll have something every weekend from now until Memorial Day.
I hope everyone has a great Friday. Keep your fingers crossed that these storms bring nothing but rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment