Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Basketball in Kentucky

The majority of Kentucky natives are die hard basketball fans. They live and breathe for the Kentucky Wildcats. They can tell you everything about the team from the three-point shot percentages to the players favorite foods. They revolve their schedule and entire life around when UK is playing.

I am in the extremely small percentage of Kentuckians who could not care one way or another about UK basketball. Yes, I have Kentucky tee shirts...but that's more about supporting my state than a team. I have watched maybe 30 minutes of UK basketball this entire season. And, since March Madness is among us, the Wildcat hysteria is in full swing.

Tomorrow night the mighty UK Wildcats play the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers. Yes, two Kentucky schools playing against each other in the NCAA tournament. And, while most people will be wearing Wildcat colors, chanting 'Go Big Blue'... I will be wearing red and yelling, "Go Big Red'...

I tend to cheer for the underdog. And while it's very unlikely, I'd love to see WKU take down the Cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment