Friday, February 3, 2012

A Day Off.....

The original plan for today: Joe and I were going to take the day off from work. We were going to Louisville to do a little shopping, grab lunch, and then be back in time to pick Hank up from after-school.

That didn't happen.

He somehow got screwed out of his day off, and had to work. Which stinks.

But even though my day off didn't go as planned, I still had a great (and much needed) day off.

After the boys left for school this morning, I cuddled up on the couch with my favorite quilt, and my Diet Coke. Then it hit me-- I had complete control over the remote! I could watch anything I wanted. This never happens! I had a hard time choosing between my beloved 'Golden Girls' and the classic movie, 'An Affair to Remember'....as much as I love Rose and Sophia, Cary Grant won that battle.

After my movie, I gave myself a pedicure. I'm happy to say I no longer have ugly, dry, lizard feet! My toes are a pretty red, and if the weather holds out, I WILL wear flipflops tomorrow!

I had a delicious lunch with my good friend that I haven't seen in forever.

I came home in time to meet Hank getting off the school bus. After a snack, I took a nap on the couch while he played the Wii.

I think I need a day off more often!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good day off! And I think the Girls would understand about the movie!

    ReplyDelete