Sunday, February 5, 2012

Are you ready for some football?

Whoohoo, it's Superbowl Sunday! It's almost like a holiday. It's a time to gather with family and friends, eat way too much, and be happy. And, that's exactly my plan!

We're having a Superbowl Party at Mom & Dad's today, and I'm excited. I love my crazy family, and any time that we can get together is a good day. The only downside is that PJ has to work until 8, and Austin has to work until 9. I hate that they'll miss most of the fun, but I'm proud of them for having a job and responsibilities.
The sisters (and their hubbies) are coming down. And, that means that I'll get to love on my sweet little niece. I haven't seen her in about three weeks, and I'm having major withdrawls. I'm ready to smooch on her little cheeks. My friend and her daughter may join us at Mom's. And, I know that "the other son" will be there. Alex is best friends with Austin and PJ. He's just part of the family, and it's a given that he's included in anything we do.

Thanks to my crazy addiction to Pinterest, I have some yummy recipes to make. Slutty brownies, anyone? Individual pizza pockets, perhaps?

What a great weekend this has been. I enjoyed my day off from work on Friday. Yesterday, Joe and I went to Louisville for our anniversary date. We did a little shopping, had lunch at a great little restaurant, and topped off the day with some killer Apple/Caramel Pie that I'm certain added five pounds to my thighs. But, oh so worth it! (Side note: Must go to the gym later!) And, today I'm spending time with my favorite people. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment