Sunday, October 2, 2011

Hello, October!

October is here! There's vegetable soup simmering in the crock-pot, there's a chill in the air, the leaves are starting to change, and it is sweatshirt weather. And, even though I froze my tail feathers off at Hank's soccer game yesterday morning, I really do love this time of the year.  There's something about wearing a fleece jacket, walking around arts & crafts fairs, seeing pumpkins & mums every where you turn that just makes me happy. And, that's exactly what I plan to do the next few weeks. There's several arts & crafts fairs coming up, the farm where we go pick pumpkins, take a hayride, and run through the corn maize is open, and Barnes & Noble has pumpkin spice lattes. I'm a happy camper.

We also need to start working on Hank's Halloween costume. Last year, he was the cutest Indiana Jones that I've ever seen, but I'm not sure what he has planned for this year. I've heard him mention Captain America, which would be cool. I'm going to look at pictures to see how we can make his costume. I'm thinking a garbage can lid would be the perfect size the shield. He's also mentioned Liono from 'The Thundercts' cartoon. But, it would the Liono from the new cartoons, not Liono from the old cartoons. I personally don't know the difference, but he sure does. I suggested that we all dress up as characters from 'Wizard of Oz'... I would be Dorothy, obviously.  Joe could be the scarecrow, PJ could be the tin man, Austin could be the lion, and Hank could be a flying monkey! I thought it was a GREAT idea.  I was the only one that thought it was a great idea.

Happy Fall, Ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment