Friday, January 13, 2012

The Non-Titled Post....

 We had a little snow yesterday, and the kids are on a one-hour delay this morning for school. One-hour delays are a pain in the butt due to the fact that Joe and I leave for work before Hank has to catch the bus. Luckily for us, we have two teenage boys that can put their little brother on the bus for us. I know many parents don't have that luxury, and school delays are inconvenient for many people.

This is the first time we've really had winter weather so for that I'm very grateful. Not only did we have a little snow, but it's also very, very cold this morning. Last year, the boys had snow day after snow day, and we even had delays at work. This winter has been nothing like that, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the mild weather continues. I'm not a winter fan. So, the sunny 50 degree days we had in December and into January have been right up my alley.

2012 has started off rather slow and quiet, but I know that won't last long. Wrestling will wrap up for PJ soon, and he'll go straight into track. Soccer will start back for Hank. Our lazy weekends spent at home watching movies and hanging out will be replaced with running from one event to another. Austin will be busy with end of Senior year activities. He's actually having cap and gown pictures made today. I've ordered his graduation announcements, and we've put the deposit down on his Senior trip to Chicago. I think he's undecided about going to prom, he hasn't really said anything about it. Knowing him, and the way he does things, he'll wait until three days before, decide to go, then leave his dear mother frantically trying to pull things together. That's just the way he is. I've had Cap & Gown Pictures marked on the calendar for weeks, and at 6:30 this morning, he's digging through the closet looking for his tie.

No comments:

Post a Comment