Tuesday, July 26, 2011

"Very Worried Walrus"



When I was a little girl, I had all the books in the Sweet Pickles Series. And, even though "Very Worried Walrus" wasn't my favorite, it's the one that I'm thinking about.


I'm a 'worried walrus'......


I've been worried about the older gentleman that I work with. He's been ill, and was admitted to the hospital. When I spoke with him this morning, he sounded great, and I know that he'll be back to his sweet, ornery self in a few days.


I've been worried about Hankadoo on his trip to Holiday World today. I know that's normal. Anytime our babies are away from us, we worry. I know he's having a great time, and will be worn out when he gets home tonight. But, until I kiss those little freckles, I'll be worried.


I've been worried about having my wisdom teeth out. Worried is rather a weak term. I'm actually starting to freak out. I know that I'm in great hands, and that I'll be fine. But, I'm still freaking out. Normally, a three day work week tickles me to death. Not this week! I'd much rather be at work Thursday morning than having my wisdom teeth cut out. I actually emailed my doctor and asked if a shot of tequila and a Tylenol PM was out of the question before I went to bed Wednesday. I'm not supposed to have anything after midnight, he never said what I could and couldn't have at 11:45. He hasn't replied. I'm guessing that he didn't see the humor.


I wonder if Mom still has my Sweet Pickles books in the basement. Maybe next week, I can be "Goof-Off Goose"


1 comment:

  1. You'll always be my Nuts to Nightingale!!

    Prayers for your coworker, I'd miss Hank's sweet little freckles too & you'll be fine with your teeth. Just no pit stops to McDonald's on the way in!!!

    ReplyDelete