Thursday, July 1, 2010

"I said Georgia, Ooooooh Georgia......"

Yes, I'm singing a little Ray Charles this morning. I'm heading to Georgia in just a few short hours, and I'm very excited. Georgia will always be my second-home. I spent a combined eight years living there, two of my very best friends still live there, and I'm just happy to go back and visit.
The last time I was there was 2008. I went to see my Trish, and we spent the weekend on the beach. It was a wonderful girls weekend. This trip, is a family trip. It will be the first family trip to Georgia since we moved back from there in 2005.
Our first stop is in Columbus to see Laurie, Hunter and Betsy! I can't wait to see Hank and Betsy together again. They don't remember all the time they spent together as babies, obviously. But, they were together a lot. Laurie and I would back the babies up and do whatever struck us that day. We'd go to the park, or the pool, but our typical outings involved, what else? Shopping! We'd load the kiddos in the strollers, and make our way through the mall, TJ Maxx or Columbus Crossing. I've joked many times that the best thing I could have ever done for both our bank accounts was to move away! Laurie and I were some shopping fools! And, there rode Hank and Bets, eating Puffs, and sharing sippy cups. We planned their birthdays together, and even made their wedding plans! So, after all this time, the Hank and Betsy reunion should be a lot of fun. And, of course, I can't wait to see Laurie! And, yes, Hunter, too. He and Joe can talk Army talk all night. That's fine by me. Laurie and I will have more important things to talk about--like celebrity gossip, who has what on sale, and whatever else comes up.
Our second Georgia adventure is one that my boys have been looking forward to for months. We're going to stay on Uncle Mike's houseboat. Hank has talked about this since the beginning of the year. And, I think the big boys are just as excited. It's going to be a great weekend hanging out on the boat, soaking up the sun, and watching the boys make fools of themselves. Hank has already decided that he is big enough to jump off the top deck of the boat. And, I'm sure he will. The thing about the 'boys' on Joe's side of the family is that they all feed off each other. So, whatever Uncle Mike, or Cousin Luke do, my boys are going to do it also. It's a classic case of Monkey See, Monkey Do! I'm looking forward to working on my tan, and catching up on some magazines that have been piling up.

"Oooooh, Georgia........"

No comments:

Post a Comment