Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Life is back to normal...



The wedding has come and gone, and life is back to normal for all of us. Well, except for the newlyweds--they are on their honeymoon. So while I'm going to work every day, and doing laundry, and running to soccer practice, they are on the beach, basking in the sun, and sipping fruity umbrella drinks! I'm so jealous!
The wedding was great! I know they say that all brides are beautiful, but I have to say my sister was the most beautiful bride that I've ever seen. She was so calm, and relaxed. And, if she was nervous, it didn't show. She absolutely glowed. Fr. Chuck did the most amazing job with their ceremony. It was very personalized, and I believe that he wrote it just for them. It was the best wedding ceremony that I've ever witnessed. The whole bridal party looked amazing! My little ring bearer was so cute. And the bigger boys looked very grown-up in their suits and ties. Everything went very smooth, except for PJ slamming his finger in the car door about 45 minutes before the ceremony started! Poor thing. It looked awful! He was such a trooper, he still stood at the door, handing out programs. He had his beat-up, bloody finger hidden in his pocket. I can't wait to see the professional pictures. The photographers were very friendly, and I know they took some awesome pictures.
All along, my sister, and her fiancee (now husband!) said that they wanted to just party it up at the reception, and that's exactly what we did! Everyone from age 6 to 86 danced, and partied the night away. There were a lot of crazy, and wild moments, (like my aunt and uncle trying to be Fred and Ginger on the dance floor! And, the kiddos taking a serving cart for a spin!) But, there were some very sweet moments, as well. Dad did a beautiful toast to my sister, and everyone became a little teary-eyed.
All in all, it was a wonderful night that our whole family will remember for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment