Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A big day


Today, PJ took his intermediate driving test. And, even though he had a little trouble with parallel parking, he passed. After coming by my office to show me his new license, and taking Joe home to get our van, my child got into his own car and drove himself to school.

He came in from wrestling practice, and said that he needed to go by work to check his schedule. I knew this was just an excuse to go out and drive. He and Austin headed out to TJ Maxx  and Old Navy. My boys were out on their own. They were even considerate and stopped by the grocery on their way home to pick up something I had forgotten.

And, at this very minute PJ is chauffeuring Hank. I imagine they are going to get a milkshake from McDonald's. Hank said, "Hey PJ, I think we should have some brother time, and go out riding around!"...that boy knows how to play his cards!

How could PJ refuse? Again, another reason to go out driving.

And before they left, PJ said, "Hey Mom, wanna go tan when I get back? I'll drive!"

Think that was a reason to get out and drive?

No comments:

Post a Comment